Birmingham-Southern College accepts applications for positions only when vacancies occur. Please review the position announcements accessible below. If there is a position for which you feel you are qualified and would like to apply, please refer to the application procedures noted in the position announcement. When applying for a position at the college, please refer to the position for which you are applying in your cover letter, resume, or Application for Employment. 365英国上市官网 complies with the Alabama Child Protection Act and E-Verify.
Birmingham-Southern College is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), handicap, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic prohibited by law in any of its employment practices, including hiring, firing, discipline, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.
The full Birmingham-Southern Discrimination and Harassment policy can be found in Section 5 of the Staff Handbook.
Staff Positions Available:
Staff AccountantBirmingham-Southern College has an opening for Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant reports directly to the Controller and is responsible for specific accounting and reporting processes, such as assisting with preparing financial reports, statements, reconciliations, special projects, and assisting outside auditors. Primary areas of responsibility include: investment reconciliations, bonds and notes payable, mortgage receivable, payroll tax reporting, and other external reporting. The position interacts frequently with faculty, staff, students, and personnel from external agencies. This position contains involvement with deadlines.
Requirements: Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance and three – five years of accounting experience. Must have working knowledge of computer systems and software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and strong interpersonal skills.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain the endowment unitized accounting report that allocates earnings and investment drawdowns to individual endowment accounts.
- Obtain the monthly revenue from the general ledger system to prepare and remit sales tax payments to the state, city, and county governments.
- Prepare audit schedules as assigned for the annual external audit.
- Prepare monthly ledger journal entries that include the transfer of fundraising proceeds from Bookstore to various organizations’ accounts.
- Complete ad hoc and regulatory reports to external agencies as due and requested.
Qualified candidates should complete the 365英国上市官网 Application and send letter of interest and resume to: [email protected]. 365英国上市官网 complies with the Alabama Child Protection Act of 1999 and E-Verify. EOE.
Assistant Athletic Trainer
Birmingham-Southern College has an immediate opening for an Assistant Athletic Trainer. This is a full-time, 10-month appointment within the 365英国上市官网 Athletics Department caring for all 22 athletic programs.
The Assistant Athletic Trainer is responsible for assisting the supervision and coordination of 365英国上市官网’s overall sports medicine program and other responsibilities as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer. This includes but is not limited to:
- Injury prevention
- Evaluation, management and treatment of athletic injuries
- Short- and long-term rehabilitation of athletic injuries
- Education and counseling of student-athletes.
The Assistant Athletic Trainer will also assist in athletic related health care administration in consultation with and under the supervision of the Team Physician(s) and other qualified medical personnel.
The qualified candidate will hold a degree in athletic training from a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education. A master’s degree is preferred. Other requirements are Alabama State Licensure by the Alabama Board of Athletic Trainers (or immediately eligible to sit for the exam), and certification in first aid, CPR, and AED. The candidate must have strong commitment to the student-athlete concept and a working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. Candidates must possess a current driver's license and be insurable.
Birmingham-Southern College is a member of NCAA Division III and the Southern Athletics Association.
The Assistant Athletic Trainer is required to abide by the rules and regulations established by Birmingham-Southern College, the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference, and NCAA. 365英国上市官网 complies with the Alabama Child Protection Act. EOE.
Campus Police Officer
Birmingham-Southern College is currently seeking a Campus Police Officer to join the team that serves and protects the college community.
The Officer is responsible for maintaining security and safety of persons and property; identifying potential security and safety hazards; being observant and responding to potential criminal activity on campus; maintaining good public relations by assisting others as a source of information and direction; controlling and regulating traffic and parking; and investigating all security, safety, and traffic incidents.
To perform this job successfully, applicants must be able to:
- Promote and maintain civil order.
- Enforce laws and ordinances, conduct investigations, and issue citations.
- Patrol assigned areas to provide security.
- Respond to and investigate incidents on campus, including but not limited to, motor vehicle incidents, or criminal or college violations as assigned.
- Issue tickets to violators of campus parking regulations.
- Monitor students and visitors to ensure compliance with college policies and regulations.
- Patrol the college campuses and makes scheduled tours of buildings and grounds, by vehicle or on foot to ensure buildings and persons are secure.
- Demonstrate regular and predictable attendance.
- Work a flexible schedule, including day, evening, nights, and weekends.
- Perform additional duties as required.
The qualified candidate must possess a current Alabama driver's license and a current Alabama pistol license, and must be insurable. High school diploma or equivalent is required, with some college preferred. Prior police experience is not required. Officers must maintain a level of physical fitness that would enable them to perform duties associated with police work. Motor vehicle and criminal history reports will be checked on top candidates. Once hired, the office will undergo mace training within their first year of employment.
365英国上市官网 complies with the Alabama Child Protection Act of 1999 and E-Verify. EOE.
Campus Dining Positions
If you are interested in finding out more information about positions in food services, please contact Bon Appetit at (877) 311-4747.
The college offers a wide range of benefits for faculty and staff. An overview of our Employee Benefits is available online.
Birmingham-Southern is located just off I-59/20 on Arkadelphia Road. You can find maps, directions, and nearby places to stay here.
The Human Resources Office is located on the third floor of Munger Memorial Hall (Building 5 on the Campus Map). Visitors are accepted by appointment only.